Monday, December 31, 2012
This blog has slowed down some over the past month. I haven't really had much to write about or share my opinion on. I'm sure in the coming year I will find some things to share my opinion on with all of you. I know for sure that I do have one post in mind pertaining to all that is going on with gun control. But, I want to hold off on that post for a little while. It's something I want to write about, but I want to wait for the right time. I've been blogging for about 6 months now and I'm pretty happy with all of the posts I've written. I'm also happy for feedback that I have received.
This past year Gabe and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary and we all celebrated Lincoln's 3rd birthday. I cannot believe that in 6 months my little boy with be 4-years-old. Time really does fly by when you have children and when you're having fun with them.
My new year's resolutions are to get back to blogging, figure out school, and get my pre-pregnancy body back. This time I'm sticking to all of my resolutions. Every year for about the past 3 years or so I have said that I am going to lose weight as my #1 resolution. But this year I am absolutely sticking to it, no excuses what so ever.
2012 was great and I'm looking forward to what 2013 will bring us. Happy New Year's to all of you, I hope you all have a fun and safe night!
What are your New Year's Resolutions?
Monday, December 17, 2012
Today I would like to talk about something that Gabe and I go back and forth on. What to tell Lincoln about Santa. I have always believed in Santa and the spirit of Christmas. I want to teach Lincoln this. I want him to believe in Santa and the magic of Christmas. Growing up I never once questioned anything about Santa. I'm sure my parents told me the story of Christmas, but I don't remember. But I do never I never asked how Santa got down the chimney or how he was able to deliver presents to all the children in the world in one night or how his reindeer were able to fly. I just went with it, because Christmas is a magical time of year and clearly Santa is magical. My brother was the skeptical one when it came to Christmas. He would eventually be the one to tell me that there was no such thing as Santa Claus and that it was our parents who got the presents at wrapped them. My brother is 3 1/2 years younger than me, by the way. Even after he told me this I refused to believe it and continued to believe that Santa, his reindeer, and his workshop at the North Pole were all real. I eventually figured out the truth, even before my brother said anything to me. I obviously know the truth now. But I never speak it, I always say that Santa is real. I will always believe in the spirit of Christmas and all the magic that goes along with it. It's just the way I am. I love this time of year. When I was a child I used to enjoy getting presents. But as I've grown up I've enjoyed giving presents more and just seeing people's faces light up when they see the present I got for them. I like to put a lot of though into the
presents I get. I like to get my friends and family practical gifts or gifts that they have asked for.
Gabe and I both feel the same way about presents and the season of giving. However, we differ very much on the belief in Santa Claus. Gabe has no problem with teaching Lincoln all about the spirit of Christmas and that "'tis better to give, than to receive". But he wants to teach Lincoln that there is no such thing as Santa Claus. He wants us to teach this to Lincoln, so that he doesn't go off to school and hear this from another child. I feel that telling a child that there is no such thing as Santa Claus ruins the whole belief in the spirit of Christmas and the magic of it all. Right now, Lincoln does believe in Santa Claus and he knows that he delivers presents on Christmas Eve night while he is asleep. But he is currently going through a whole thing where he thinks that in order for it to be Christmas, it has to have snowed. So he tells us that he is going to wait for Christmas Eve and the snow.
Stay safe this holiday season and enjoy the time with your family. Remember this a time of year for love, joy, giving, and to be thankful for all that we have. Remember there are those out there that are less fortunate and please keep those that cannot celebrate this holiday season with us in your heart.
How do you feel about teaching your child about Santa Claus and what is true and not?
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Here's what I'm getting ready for this week:
- Work tomorrow, as usual.
- more blog posts for sure this week. I slacked this past week due to two sick boys.
- The last of my Christmas shopping.
- Our weekly trip to the library.
- Wrapping up Christmas presents.
- Getting used to sleeping in our own room again.
- Getting used to Lincoln having his own room again.
- Going on some walks with Lincoln. Now that his cold is just about gone it would be nice to get out of the house some.
What are you getting ready for this week?
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
This week I'm saying So What if...
- I missed last weeks SWW. I was so off last week.
- I spent two entire days this week in my pajamas.
- We've been watching tons of TV and playing video games. The weather has been awful & the boys are sick.
- I forgot about St. Nick Day this year. We've been so busy and dealing with Gabe being sick and now Lincoln being sick.
- I'm doing another dessert free diet. Right in the middle of the holidays, no less.
- We've only left the house to run errands over the past week.
- I'm loving this rainy weather.
- We haven't decorated for Christmas yet or gotten a tree.
- Lincoln still has Halloween candy left. I think that's an accomplishment for a 3-year-old.
- Lincoln and I have slept in the past 3 days.
- I've only lost 15 lbs. and I need to lose another 45 by March 1st if I want to get a whole new wardrobe.
- I'm thinking about getting a stupid tattoo.
- I haven't been blogging as much as I'd like to.
- We still haven't taken our picture for our yearly holiday card.
What are you saying So What to this week?
Sunday, December 2, 2012
I know it's late. But here is what I'm getting ready for this week:
- Work tomorrow, you all know this by now. I may not have to take Lincoln with me tomorrow. He has been very well behaved the past 3 weeks, but it's nice not to have to worry about making sure he stays entertained while I'm working. Gabe has a cold and is staying home from work tomorrow, unless he is worse tomorrow then he said I could leave Lincoln home with him.
- Our weekly trip to the library. I'm not sure what day of the week this will land on this week. We've been switching it up every week or skipping some weeks. We just went on Friday, so we'll probably wait until Wednesday to go. I like going on Wednesdays because they're open later.
- An evening trip out to Sebastopol on Thursday. They're doing they're tree lighting and Christmas festivities. We were invited to go last year but didn't make it. I'm going to make sure we try and make it this year since Lincoln is older and I thought he would enjoy it.
- More blog posts for this week. I have a good one having to do with mine & Gabe's opposing sides on believing in Santa (and all the other holiday beings) and what we're planning on telling Lincoln.
- An afternoon trip to the Santa Rosa Junior College followed by a trip to Costco. I've finally figured out what I'm going to do when it comes to school and I need to go in and talk to a counselor and get things all sorted out. I'm planning on going and getting my Small Business Management Certificate. I figure this is something good to get if I'm planning on opening up my own business eventually.
- Family pictures (hopefully). We need to get it taken sometime this week so that we can put together our yearly holiday card and pick them up at Costco when we go. We started doing the photo holiday cards the year I was pregnant. We've done one ever since and I really enjoy it.
- Finishing up the home improvement projects Gabe started last week. He finished texturing and painting the living room and the office/media room. All of our furniture from the office/media room is now in the living room and we will be moving our bed into what was the office/media room next Sunday (hopefully) and then Lincoln will have his own room. Gabe & I are happy that we will all have our own rooms again. I have enjoyed sharing a room with Lincoln, but I think we'll all sleep better in two separate rooms. Plus, Lincoln will have his own area to play with all his toys. We now have a living room again and we'll have 2 bedrooms again.
- A possible trip to Mommy Group on Thursday. Lincoln hasn't played with other kids that much lately. In October he got to see his friends quite a bit and then after Halloween he didn't play with other kids until Thanksgiving. I think it would be good if we got out and socialized with other kids and parents for a couple hours. But we'll see. Lincoln is a little old for it and it's hard for me to go sometimes.
- Hoping that I don't get the cold that Gabe has. I'm also hoping that Lincoln doesn't get it either. We were both sick back at the beginning of October, so I'm really hoping we don't get sick this time.
What are you getting ready for this week?